Vegemite Original 220g
yeast extract (from yeast grown on barley andwheat), salt, mineral salt (E508), malt extract (from barley), colour (E150c), flavours, Niacin (B3), Thiamine (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Folate.
|Serving Size: 5g|
|Average Quantity Per Serve||% Daily Intake per serve*||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Less than 1g
Less than 1g
|Less than 1g
Less than 1g
|Less than 1g
Less than 1g
*Percentage daily intakes are based on an average adult diet of 8700kJ. Your daily intakes may be higher or lower depending on your energy needs
**RDI for adults is 200µg or for women of child bearing age, 400µg. It is important to maintain a varied diet.
VEGEMITE 90th Birthday Fun Facts
- 90th Birthday: October 25th, 2013
- Launch year: 1923 – the same year the construction of the Sydney harbour bridge commenced.
Starting the day with VEGEMITE
- On average, 40% of Aussies start their day with VEGEMITE every week.
- Almost 1.1 billion jars of VEGEMITE have been manufactured since it first hit shelves in 1923. That’s almost 90
billion serves of VEGEMITE over the last 90 years.
- VEGEMITE is Australia’s most popular breakfast spread. Eight out of ten Australian homes have a jar of
- VEGEMITE has provided B Vitamins for Vitality to more than three generations of Aussies, helping to turn Happy
Little VEGEMITES into big ones.
- Cheese is the number one accompaniment VEGEMITE is enjoyed with, followed by tomato, eggs and avocado.
We love our VEGEMITE
- VEGEMITE has a Facebook community of almost 450,000 VEGEMITE lovers around the globe and holds the #1 position for the largest Facebook fan page in the Australian Breakfast Category.
- VEGEMITE is a loved brand, with the highest number of actively contributing Facebook fans in the Australian Breakfast Category.
- VEGEMITE is embedded in our Aussie culture with hundreds of Aussie kids every year learning to read with the book All Right, VEGEMITE.
- More than 20,000 Australian kids have learnt to surf with VEGEMITE Surf Groms since it launched in 2011.
- VEGEMITE was made famous across the world from the Men at Work song- ‘he just smiled and gave me a
Did you know- VEGEMITE facts
- Every second on average there are 39 serves of VEGEMITE being consumed somewhere in the world.
- Every 3 seconds, there are, on average, two jars of VEGEMITE sold in Australia.
- If you lined all of the pieces of toast VEGEMITE is spread on each year, they could wrap around the world more
than 3.5 times.
- In the space of you reading this article, over 2,300 serves of VEGEMITE have been eaten.
- Every three months, VEGEMITE is spread on enough pieces of toast that if you lined them all up on the mainland
coastline of Australia, they would reach the total length.
- If you laid all the VEGEMITE jars purchased on average each year, end to end, they could reach from Melbourne
- The weight of the VEGEMITE sold every two days on average is equivalent to the weight of two Melbourne trams.
- It would take 16,000 kilograms of sand from Bondi beach to fill all of the VEGEMITE jars produced on average
Did you know- VEGEMITE facts (State specific)
- If you took all of the VEGEMITE jars sold in the last hour and a half and stacked them on top of each other, you would have a tower of VEGEMITE jars almost the same height as the Eureka Tower.
- Every day, there is enough VEGEMITE sold on average that if you stacked the jars on top of each other, they would make 15 VEGEMITE towers the same height as the Q1 in Queensland.
- Every four hours, on average, there is enough VEGEMITE sold that if you stacked the jars on top of each other, they would reach the height of Uluru.
- If you took all of the VEGEMITE jars sold in the last hour stacked them on top of each other, you would have a tower of VEGEMITE jars taller than the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- It is estimated that every four hours, there is enough VEGEMITE sold that if you were to stack the jars on top of each other, they would reach the height of Mount Augustus in Perth.
Still proudly Australian made
- The entire world’s supply of VEGEMITE is manufactured at the Port Melbourne VEGEMITE factory with almost 22 million jars produced every year.
- Over 90% of the ingredients that go into making VEGEMITE are sourced locally in Australia.
- Each jar of VEGEMITE is made with expertise and precision, taking up to two weeks to create from start to final
- There is a team of 14 experts who are trained and calibrated to ensure VEGEMITE stays the same day after day.
VEGEMITE and vitality
- VEGEMITE is still one of the world’s richest known sources of B Vitamins.
- VEGEMITE is one of the world richest known sources of B Vitamins; each serve of VEGEMITE contains 50% of your
daily intake of Thiamine (B1) and Folate (B9) and 25% of Riboflavin (B2) and Niacin (B3). · B1: essential for brain function
· B2: supports your nervous system
· B3: essential for energy release
· Folate: helps to fight fatigue
- VEGEMITE contains virtually no fat or sugar, and contributes almost no kilojoules to the diet.
VEGEMITE mixes it with the rich and famous
- VEGEMITE shares its birthday with other famous faces such as Helen Reddy, Matt Shirvington, Katy Perry and Pablo Picasso.
- Media reports suggest that Australian Tennis champion, Samantha Stosur, takes two things when travelling declaring “I always have VEGEMITE, and an Australian flag, it makes me feel closer to home.”
- Brad Pitt recently had his first taste of VEGEMITE when he was in Australia promoting his new movie World War Z – he was delivered a personalised jar of the iconic spread and said “I could see how that would work on a cracker or bread.”
- Media reports suggest that Tom Hanks once joked that Australian success in Hollywood must be due to “something in the VEGEMITE.”
- Media reports suggest that Russel Crowe loves his VEGEMITE with tomato, Miranda Kerr and Layne Beachley enjoy theirs with avocado, while Dannii Minogue says it’s the perfect hangover cure.